WIN A TRIP TO CRUFTS DOG SHOW
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry forms will be posted to every dog exhibitor in the 2018 Sydney Royal Easter Show. Entry forms will be lodged on the ADVANCE stand each day in an official entry box. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older as at the time of entry. Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter (“Eligible Entrants”). "Associated companies" includes without limitation, the agents and contractors of the Promoter that are involved in: (a) the promotion or development; and (b) the manufacturer or distribution of the Promoter's products. By entering the competition you represent that you are eligible to enter the competition based on these terms and conditions.
3. The competition commences 23rd March 2018 and closes 2nd April 2018 3:00pm AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. Entry is limited to one entry per Eligible Entrant.
5. To enter an Eligible Entrant must lodge an entry form in an official entry box on the ADVANCE stand at the 2018 Sydney Royal Easter Show.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify at its absolute discretion any entrant for tampering or attempted tampering with the entry process, or for submitting an entry that is otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions. By providing your entry you consent to the Promoter using your personal information to determine whether any tampering or attempted tamping with the entry process has occurred.
7. An entry by more than one (1) person (i.e. joint entity) is invalid.
8. A claim for a prize by an Eligible Entrant will be subject to security and verification checks by the Promoter.
9. A random manual prize draw will be conducted at the 2018 Sydney Royal Easter Show Dog Pavilion on 2nd April 2018 prior to the Best in Show judging or at about 5pm AEST, whichever is sooner from all entries received during the Competition Period. The first Eligible Entrant with a valid entry drawn in the Prize Draw will win a Trip for 2 to Crufts Dog Show (“Major Prize”) as detailed in paragraph 10. The winner will be notified by email and phone and their name will also appear at www.advancepet.com.au. If an Eligible Entrant does not provide accurate personal information the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win the Major Prize. Additional reserve entries may be drawn and recorded (in order), in the event that an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn or the entrant is ineligible to accept the prize. If an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, the prize will be awarded to the first reserve entry drawn. This process will continue until a clear winner is determined. If after this process the prize still cannot be awarded, the prize will be dealt with in the unclaimed prize draw. Subject to any directions given under the legislation regulating the Competition, if any prize is not claimed by a winner within 3 months of the draw for that prize, the prize will be awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw for any unclaimed prizes commencing 12 noon on 02/07/18 at the Draw Location. No compensation will be payable to any person whose entry is drawn but who does not claim their prize.
10. The Major Prize is a Trip for 2 to the 2019 Crufts Dog Show in Birmingham, United Kingdom (UK). The Major Prize, which is specifically subject to the conditions set out below, is valued at up to $8,500 (incl GST), and includes flights and accommodation for the winner and one (1) guest of his or her choice. Specifically, the Major Prize includes the following:
- return economy air fares for two (2) adults to Birmingham from winner’s nearest Australian Capital City;
- five (5) nights’ Double Room accommodation for two (2) in a quality Hotel in Birmingham (as determined in the sole discretion of the Promoter);
- entry tickets for two (2) to the 2019 Crufts Dog Show for each of the four days including best in show.
11. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the following are Australian Capital Cities: Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Brisbane.
12. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or any element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited and the prize will not be exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise stipulated. If for whatever reason the specified prize is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value.
13. The prize value is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of any prizes. No responsibility is accepted for any tax obligations which may arise for the prize winner. The Promoter recommends that independent financial advice be sought.
14. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter's liability is limited to the cost of replacing the prize or benefit won.
- How you may access the personal information that is held by us and seek correction of such information; and
- How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered privacy code that binds us, and how we will deal with such a complaint
16. If you need to contact us, or have any questions, please use the online contact form or the other contact details on our web page.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet these terms and conditions.
18. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical or other malfunctions which may occur in relation to internet, network or network congestion, including problems with the transmission of entries or injury or damage to a participant or their computer related to entry in this competition.
19. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or entries not received by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The winner of the Major Prize must give the Promoter at least 180 days’ notice of proposed commencement of travel which must be booked through the Promoter’s nominated travel supplier or their agents. Redeeming the prize is conditional on acceptance of the terms and conditions of travel as detailed by the Promoter’s nominated travel supplier or their agents ) and the airline carriers in accordance with normal travel practices. Itinerary and destinations may be altered at the reasonable discretion of the prize organizer. Travel must be taken in February 2019 for the Crufts Dog Show. The Promoter may require that the winner and the winner’s guests purchase travel insurance at their own expense. Any required visas are the responsibility of the travelers and may result in additional expenses.
22. The Major Prize is subject to the airlines’ conditions of travel and availability at all times and maybe dependent on seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation partner. If any component of the Major Prize is unavailable on the dates proposed by the winner then, subject to condition 28 the Promoter will consult with the winner and endeavour to arrange alternative dates on which the Major Prize will be booked.
23. Subject to condition 25 all aspects of the Major Prize (including travel and accommodation) are for the winner and one (1) guest travelling together. The winner, and the winner’s guest, of the Major Prize must travel with the understanding that:
- the Promoter may require the guest to confirm in writing that they agree to comply with the provisions of these conditions relating to guests
- if the winner and their guest want to purchase travel insurance it must be purchased at their own expense; and
- if a person aged less than 18 years wins the Major Prize, he/she must bring a parent or guardian as their accompanying guest.
24. Once tickets have been arranged by the Promoter, changes to the travel or accommodation arrangements are subject to availability and are at the expense of the Major Prize winner.
25. All components of the Major Prize must be taken together as a single trip to be booked by the Promoter. Any part of the Major Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited.
26. The Major Prize does not (except as expressly stated) include:
- any transport or accommodation required between a traveller's residence and the departure airport;
- any overnight accommodation while travelling to the departure airport or destination;
- any other travel or accommodation;
- any meals, food or beverages;
- any incidental hotel charges (such as mini-bar charges, communication services (e.g. telephone and internet/email); in-house movies and games, entertainment services, and laundry services);
- any insurance (such as travel or health cover);
- any costs associated with any passport, visa, health or other requirements for entry into any foreign country and return to Australia;
- any vaccinations or other medical or health related services;
- any other ancillary costs which may be incurred by the winner or his/her guest in relation to the Major Prize.
27. The winner and his/her guest are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable if the winner or any of his/her guests is refused entry to the UK, or is unable to obtain any visas or documentation necessary to travel by the required date. The winner and his/her guests must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. The winner may be required to present a valid credit card at time of accommodation check in.
28. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, will in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of the Competition. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason.
29. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
30. By entering the competition, the major prize winner agrees to the use of their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the photograph/s.
31. The Promoter is Mars Australia Pty Ltd trading as Mars Petcare Australia, ABN 48 008 454 313, 1 Petcare Place, Wodonga, Victoria 3690
32. Authorised under Permit Numbers NSW LTPS/18/22052